Thursday, February 11, 2010

Weather Delays Flight


Our flight out was delayed due to weather, so I've been doing a lot of what you see in the picture. We are supposed to fly out tomorrow at 1430. I'll keep you posted. Its just nice to know that this training evolution is over! We celebrated our last night (which turned out to be our penultimate night) with an awesome dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Columbia. Judi will be very surprised to hear that I even had a glass of wine with dinner. One of the dudes with us is a wine connoisseur and ordered an $80 bottle of wine, Orin Swift's "The Prisoner". I told him I'd try anything, but also let him know that I'm just a redneck from PA and the most expensive bottle of wine I ever bought was a $4 bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry wine - you know, the stuff Pap & Gram served every Thanksgiving. Ahhhh good times, good times.

Take Care,

John

1 comment:

  1. John, nice to hear about the wine, but I don't think the Legion will have any of that so don't get too attached. We all miss you and can't wait for you to be home. but the blogs are a wonderful way to share with you. Take care and be careful. ps Vegas was wonderful! Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete